Donate to us
We are determined to save lives but we can’t do this without you. Help fund vital research and lifesaving work to stop bowel cancer. Together we can stop bowel cancer in our lifetime.
Leave a gift in your Will
Katie Scarbrough was just 32 years old when she died, leaving behind her husband Stuart and two young children. Her story is tragic but not uncommon.
Bowel cancer is the UK's second biggest cancer killer. 16,200 people die from bowel cancer in the UK every year. We are determined to change this. By 2025 we will increase the number of people surviving bowel cancer within five years of diagnosis from 50% to 75%.
We will achieve this through:
- Supporting and influencing research
- Campaigning for early diagnosis and the best treatment and for all those affected
- Educating patients, the public and professionals about bowel cancer.
We want to ensure that patients like Katie live full and healthy lives and get to see their children grow up. We are incredibly grateful for the very thoughtful and generous legacies that we receive each year.
How do I leave a gift in my Will?
You must consider the needs of your family and any dependents first. Once they have been taken care of, please help stop bowel cancer by leaving a gift in your Will.
It is advised to have a Will drafted by a lawyer or a professional Will writer. You should review your Will after major life events to ensure it reflect changes in your circumstances.
We are a member of Remember a Charity. You can find a solicitor and other useful advice on their website.
Before deciding on a solicitor, we suggest you ask how much they would charge you for preparing your Will or Codicil and for dealing with your estate if appointed as Executor.
Download some useful questions and documents:
- Questions to ask before you see your solicitor
- Table of Assets
- Jargon Buster
- Recommended wording
- Codicil form
We are hugely grateful to all gifts left in Wills but we often do not get a chance to say thank you. Gifts in Wills are an extremely generous and thoughtful way of giving and we would very much like to be able to thank you properly, so please do let us know if you have included us in your Will.
Email email@example.com or call in confidence on 020 7940 1763. If you do not wish to do so, we understand and please accept our heartfelt thanks now.
Become a Friend today
Donate just £10 a month to become a friend and support our vital research.
Billy Boyle lost his beloved wife Kate to bowel cancer aged just 36 on Christmas day. Her cancer had been diagnosed too late for effective treatment. Over 16,000 people die from bowel cancer in the UK every year, but we are determined to change that.
So is Billy. He is now taking action by leading cutting edge research to improve early diagnosis to give hope to other families in the future.
Join him by becoming a friend today and supporting our vital research and lifesaving work to stop bowel cancer.
As a friend you will receive:
- A welcome pack including a Star of Hope pin badge
- Invitations to hear researchers speak
- Opportunities to attend special events
- Supporter update twice a year
- The knowledge you are stopping people dying from bowel cancer
£10 a month could help us support research that:
- Improves the early diagnosis of bowel cancer giving people the best chance of survival
- Increases understanding of the causes of bowel cancer including in younger people
- Improves the identification and monitoring of people at higher risk of bowel cancer
- Leads to improvements in surgery for bowel cancer
Donate in memory
We are extremely grateful for the many donations that we receive in memory. Here are a few ways you can support us in this way.
- Make a one off donation in memory
- Order Star of Hope collection envelopes for a funeral or other memorial. Email us.
Just let us know:
- The name of the person who the collection is in memory of
- The number of envelopes you would like
- The address to send the envelopes to
- If you would like us to set up an online Star of Hope fund for you
The envelopes will be personalised with the name of the person who is being remembered.
Losing someone you love is one of the hardest things you’ll ever go through. A Star of Hope Fund gives you, your family and friends a special, loving place to remember and celebrate the person you have lost.
Through your online Star of Hope page you can create a lasting tribute through the memories, pictures, stories, music and videos you share there.
Kayleigh set up a tribute fund in memory of her partner Leon. She says: “It was lovely to read the messages and memories from friends and colleagues of Leon and see how much everyone still loves him.”
Enter the Bowel Cancer UK raffle and win up to £25,000
Support us through the Give and Win lottery and you could win up to £25,000. What’s more, if you win – we will also receive £25,000.
Tickets are just £1 and we will receive 50p for every ticket sold, whether you win a prize or not. This compares to just 28p in the £1 going to good causes for the National Lottery. Your support will help fund vital research to stop bowel cancer. Read the full lottery rules
You can buy one-off tickets or set up recurring weekly entries to give you a chance of winning every week. Enter the lottery