Bowel cancer awareness talks
We provide free bowel cancer awareness talks to workplaces and community groups in all four nations of the UK. The talks last up to one hour and are delivered by our dedicated team of trained volunteers, many of whom have a personal connection to bowel cancer.
To book a bespoke talk for your business, organisation, or community group of 10 people or more, simply fill out our booking form.
What the talks cover
The talks last up to one hour and are delivered by our dedicated team of trained volunteers, many of whom have a personal connection to bowel cancer.
During the talk you will learn important information about bowel cancer, including:
- prevalence of bowel cancer – learn that it’s a more common cancer than people think
- signs and symptoms – learn about the five most common symptoms
- risk factors – discover what increases your risk
- bowel cancer screening – learn about the NHS bowel screening programme and the importance of taking part
Awards and testimonials
In an average year, we provide approximately 300 bowel cancer awareness talks to organisations throughout the UK, reaching over 3,000 people. Raising awareness of bowel cancer in this way is just one of the reasons why our awareness programme has been recognised with a prestigious award from the Royal Society of Public Health.
Here's what's been said about our talks:
- "The feedback from staff was excellent, and they all enjoyed the talk. Your volunteer was very knowledgeable and presented in an enjoyable way. Their personal story helped to make the presentation very real, and I think it'll inspire people to look out for the symptoms, change their lifestyle, and ensure they undertake the screening test."
- "It's absolutely fantastic to see awareness of this illness being raised, especially when early detection is possible. My dad sent away his bowel screening kit at the end of last year, which resulted in bowel cancer being detected at a very early stage. It's so important to reinforce completing the screening test – there's absolutely no doubt that this saved my dad's life."
- "Thank you so much for talking to us. Everyone said it was extremely beneficial and well presented. We're certainly more educated about how important the tests are for early detection and will really encourage people to do them."
If you have any questions about our talks, or would like further information before making a booking, please email us.