Questions to ask at your hospital appointment
You might like to take a list of questions to your hospital appointment, to help you understand your diagnosis. We have suggested some possible questions here:
- What happens next? Who do I need to see and when?
- Should I be referred for genetic testing?
- Will my treatment cause early menopause or affect my fertility?
- Can you refer me to a fertility clinic?
- What emotional support is available?
- Can you put me in touch with other people my age who have been diagnosed with bowel cancer?
- What support or information is there for my family or children?
- Who can I speak to about getting help with childcare during my treatment and recovery?
- Where can I get information and advice about work and money?
Updated March 2016. Due for review March 2019