Fundamentals of colorectal nursing MSc Module
We’re proud to offer a limited number of bursaries to support professionals undertaking the Fundamentals of colorectal nursing MSc module.
**Applications for September 2023 are now closed.**
The course aims to improve the care of those with colorectal conditions through enhancing knowledge and service improvement. Students are expected to gain knowledge of colorectal disease, its management, and the care required for different specialities within colorectal nursing to improve and enhance patient care.
The course will be delivered virtually over an academic year commencing September 2023 (finishing July 2024). There will be nine online taught study days and two clinical placement days. Assessment is through completion of a workbook and a 3,000 word essay.
The module will cover topics such as:
- anatomy and physiology of the GI tract: including ano-rectal physiology
- colorectal assessment and presentation of disease
- colorectal surgery for cancer
- inflammatory bowel disease: medical and surgical treatment options and nursing care
- stoma care: nursing care of a patient with a stoma
- common benign colorectal disease and its treatment
The Fundamentals of colorectal nursing course has been credit rated by the University of Greenwich. Candidates completing the course successfully will earn 30 credits at level seven. These credits can be used towards further studies.
Employees of Lewisham & Greenwich NHS Trust must apply via their Trust's internal application system.