Support for you
We offer a range of information and support you might find useful, including:
- a range of information about bowel cancer including symptoms, risk factors, screening, diagnosis, treatment and living with and beyond the disease
- order or download our free publications that are full of expert information
- information and advice on bowel cancer and the coronavirus pandemic
- a welcoming forum for everyone affected by bowel cancer to ask questions, read about people's experiences and support each other
- a range of Facebook groups offering help and support for anyone affected by bowel cancer
- Chat Together, our online support group for everyone affected by bowel cancer
- our Ask the Nurse service, where you can contact our nurses with any questions or concerns about bowel cancer
- real-life stories of people affected by the disease
- our support and information on emotional wellbeing is here for you and your loved ones
- online events across the UK to help people living with bowel cancer to learn more about their condition and to connect with others
- support and information about coping with grief and bereavement when someone you know and care for dies
If you have worrying symptoms, feel unwell or are experiencing problems or side-effects as a result of your treatment, please consult your doctor or healthcare team without delay.
The information we provide isn't a substitute for professional care and shouldn't be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or a disease.
We provide an information service only and are unable to offer medical advice, access emergency care or contact healthcare professionals directly.
A range of support services are also available from other organisations, including:
Free NHS helpline service for urgent medical concerns. Staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week by a team of fully trained advisers.
Macmillan Cancer Support
The Macmillan Support Line can help with clinical, practical and financial information. Call 0808 808 0000, open seven days a week 8am-8pm.
Cancer Research UK
Call their cancer nurses on 0808 800 4040, open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.
For information about the bowel cancer screening programme, please contact your local screening service: