Give us feedback
Compliments, complaints and feedback policy
Our feedback policy
We are extremely grateful for the generosity of our valued supporters and always aim to provide a high level of service in all areas of our work. However occasionally we do not get it right. This is why we welcome and value feedback, good and bad, as it helps us improve the service that we provide in the future.
Please note this page only refers to the work we do and services that we provide. If you would like to provide feedback or submit a complaint about the NHS or the Bowel Cancer Screening Programme please contact them directly.
Our values are shared by all staff across the charity to ensure that you have a good experience. We pride ourselves on being patient centred, inclusive, honest, informed, transparent and expert. We take all complaints very seriously and always look to learn from any mistakes and wherever possible put things right.
Getting in touch
If you have a comment, suggestion or complaint about our work we would like to hear from you.
Bowel Cancer UK
Unit 301, Edinburgh House
170 Kennington Lane
To help us investigate, please include:
- The reason for your feedback
- Whether you would like it to be regarded as a complaint
- Where and when it happened
- The name(s) of anyone involved (if known)
- What outcome you are hoping for
- Your contact details (name, address, daytime contact number and/or email)
Our office is open 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
Our complaints procedure
After receiving a complaint, we will send an acknowledgement of receipt to you within two working days. The vast majority of queries we receive are answered fully within 10 working days.
If a matter is more complex, we will keep you updated on any progress.
We have a protocol in place for handling complaints outlined below.
1. In the first instance, your complaint will normally be dealt with by a member of the team involved. We will acknowledge receipt of the complaint within two working days and respond to your complaint within 10 working days.
2. If you are unhappy with their response, or with the progress of a complaint, you can ask for the matter to be passed to the relevant head of team. A full response or an acknowledgement will be made within a further 10 working days of receipt.
3. In the unlikely event that we have been unable to completely satisfy your query or complaint, at this stage, we would be happy to pass it on to the appropriate director. A full response or acknowledgement will be provided within a further 10 working days of receipt.
4. Complaints not resolved at stage three, will be escalated to the Chief Executive Officer for a final response. A full response or acknowledgement will be provided within a further 10 working days of receipt.
Please note that these are maximum response times and we aim to resolve most complaints much quicker than this.
We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator, the independent regulator of charitable fundraising.
If your complaint is about our fundraising methods, you can apply to the Fundraising Regulator to make a final adjudication. They can be contacted as follows:
Fundraising Regulator, 2nd Floor, CAN Mezzanine Building, 49-51 East Road, London N1 6AH
Telephone +44 (0)300 999 3407
Find out more on the Fundraising Regulator website
To make a complaint about our fundraising activities in Scotland, visit Scottish Fundraising Complaints
After the complaints procedure has been exhausted, you may refer your complaint to the Charity Commission by visiting the following website: