Our training, workshops and study days
Our training and workshops equip healthcare professionals with the confidence to reduce the variation in treatment and care across the UK.
Online course on bowel cancer screening
We partnered with GatewayC, an online cancer education platform, to produce a course on bowel cancer screening and early diagnosis. The course gives healthcare professionals a better understanding of the new FIT (Faecal Immunochemical Test) bowel cancer screening test, such as the benefits of the test and the role it plays in symptomatic patients, and also aims to increase confidence in promoting bowel screening to patients. It is free to all professionals across England.
If you’re based in Scotland and Wales you’re welcome to access the course but won’t be offered a CPD certificate
Colorectal cancer study days
Our study days are designed for colorectal nurses and other practitioners caring for people in primary and secondary care settings. These study days are free of charge.
Very worthwhile study day. Came away with a lot of new knowledge that I have passed onto colleagues but have also discussed with my patients.
Typical presentations from a wide range of clinical experts include:
- An update on the NHS bowel screening programme
- Colorectal cancer risk factors and prevention
- Assessing symptoms
- Advances in treatment for colorectal cancer
- Living with and beyond colorectal cancer
- Genetic conditions and management of people at higher risk of colorectal cancer
- Understanding the psychological impact of a colorectal cancer diagnosis
NCCNN digital get together 2020
Join us for the National Colorectal Cancer Nurses Network digital get together on Wednesday 16 September 3-5pm. This will be a virtual event hosted over Zoom.
Access the latest resources from our events and sign up to the National Colorectal Cancer Nurses Network (NCCNN):
GP study days/evenings
Our GP study days/evenings are designed for primary care practitioners and medical students to aid early detection of bowel cancer and to ensure best practice in the diagnosis and management of bowel problems. These study days are free of charge.
Evaluation from GP study evening in Northern Ireland, April 2018:
- 100% rated the evening very useful or useful
- 100% said they would be able to apply the knowledge learned
- 100% would recommend the course to other
- “Time keeping excellent. Good clear and relevant speakers.”
- “Useful talk, all presentations informative.”
For more information about any of our training, call 0207 940 1760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.