Bowel Cancer UK Terms and Conditions for Charity place participants
- Registration fees for charity places in events are non-refundable and non-transferrable. They also cannot be transferred to someone else or deferred to the following year other than in exceptional circumstances which will be discussed on a case by case basis.
- If you’re unable to participate due to injury or any other issue, you must let Bowel Cancer UK know as soon as possible so we can cancel your place. If you withdraw after the event entry deadline (which, unless otherwise communicated to you by Bowel Cancer UK, is the point at which you have completed your official registration with the event organisers) you may be held responsible for your fundraising commitment.
- You participate in this event at your own risk. Bowel Cancer UK will not be held responsible for any injury or illness resulting from your participation in the event. If you are granted a Bowel Cancer UK charity place, you agree that you will undertake suitable training and preparation before participation on the day. You will consult your GP if you have any concerns regarding health or injury.
- Bowel Cancer UK reserves the right to revoke race places in exceptional circumstances.
- You’ll receive a Bowel Cancer UK top to wear for your event either within two weeks of your registration (if you choose to make an additional donation for the top at the point of registration) or a month before the event if you have raised at least £100 in sponsorship.
- Charity places come at a cost and the sponsorship target ensures that we do not lose out on our investment and are able to raise as much as possible to support our vital work.
- Not reaching your sponsorship pledge impacts on what Bowel Cancer UK can achieve, so please ensure you are confident in reaching this target before signing up to the event.
- We require 75% of your sponsorship to be received by the event date.
- The deadline for sending in your sponsorship is a month after race day.
- Gift Aid is not included in your sponsorship target and neither is your registration fee.
- After registering with Bowel Cancer UK you will also be required to sign up to, and comply with, the event organiser’s event rules and/or terms and conditions. Please read these carefully, as they will set out the event organiser’s obligations and liabilities to you and vice versa.
- If you don’t complete the registration on the event organisers console then you will not be able to take part in the event.
- Please note that Bowel Cancer UK is not responsible for the organisation or management of the event, and therefore we shall have no liability to you for any injury, damage or loss suffered by you when taking part in or in connection with the event.
- If an event is cancelled by the organisers, decisions on whether charity places are automatically rolled over will be decided on a case by case basis depending on levels of sponsorship.
Marketing and photography
- Bowel Cancer UK or its agents may take photographs during this event. They may be used (with any retouching or alteration) either separately or together and in any medium, including social media, their website, and in printed materials.
- By attending this event you are giving consent for images of you and your supporters to appear in these. If you have any concerns or do NOT wish to be part of these materials, please talk with a member of staff before taking part or email email@example.com.
- We will use all of the personal information given on registration to keep you updated about this event. We will only contact you about other ways in which you can support our work if you give us your permission at the end of this form.
- When you submit your form, Bowel Cancer UK collects your personal data. Bowel Cancer UK is the data controller for this information. Bowel Cancer UK may share your personal data with the event organiser as is necessary to obtain your place in the event. The event organiser is the data processor.
- You can ask for a copy of your personal data held by Bowel Cancer UK, to update your choices or to stop us sending you updates, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7940 1760.