Give us feedback
Compliments, complaints and feedback policy
Our feedback policy
We are extremely grateful for the generosity of our valued supporters and always aim to provide a high level of service in all areas of our work. However occasionally we do not get it right. This is why we welcome and value feedback, good and bad, as it helps us improve the service that we provide in the future.
Our values are shared by all staff across the charity to ensure that you have a good experience. We pride ourselves on being patient centred, inclusive, honest, informed, transparent and expert. We take all complaints very seriously and always look to learn from any mistakes and wherever possible put things right.
Getting in touch
If you have a comment, suggestion or complaint we would like to hear from you.
Call: 020 7940 1760
Bowel Cancer UK
140-148 Borough High Street
To help us investigate, please include:
- The reason for your feedback
- Whether you would like it to be regarded as a complaint
- Where and when it happened
- The name(s) of anyone involved (if known)
- What outcome you are hoping for
- Your contact details (name, address, daytime contact number and/or email)
Our office is open 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
Our complaints procedure
After receiving a complaint, we will send an acknowledgement of receipt to you within two working days. The vast majority of queries we receive are answered fully within 10 working days.
If a matter is more complex, we will keep you updated on any progress.
We have a protocol in place for handling complaints outlined below.
1. In the first instance, your complaint will normally be dealt with by a member of the team involved. We will acknowledge receipt of the complaint within two working days and respond to your complaint within 10 working days.
2. If you are unhappy with their response, or with the progress of a complaint, you can ask for the matter to be passed to the relevant head of team. A full response or an acknowledgement will be made within a further 10 working days of receipt.
3. In the unlikely event that we have been unable to completely satisfy your query or complaint, at this stage, we would be happy to pass it on to the appropriate director. A full response or acknowledgement will be provided within a further 10 working days of receipt.
4. Complaints not resolved at stage three, will be escalated to the Chief Executive Officer for a final response. A full response or acknowledgement will be provided within a further 10 working days of receipt.
Please note that these are maximum response times and we aim to resolve most complaints much quicker than this.
Fundraising Standards Board
We are a member of the Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB), who are the regulator of fundraising in the UK. You can read details of our Fundraising Promise here. If your complaint is about our fundraising methods, you can also apply to the FRSB to make a final adjudication. They can be contacted as follows:
Fundraising Standards Board
61 London Fruit Exchange
Tel: +44 (0)845 402 5442
Fax: +44 (0)845 402 5443
After the complaints procedure has been exhausted, you may refer your complaint to the Charity Commission by visiting the following website: