Step up for 30
Sign up for Step up to 30
Mr Motivator’s top tips
- Work out efficiently: Pick a workout form that you can do almost anywhere, whether you’re traveling or getting home from the office late. High-intensity interval training, bodyweight exercises such as burpees, lunges and squats, and running are all great choices.
Cater to your own likes and dislikes: Flexing your self-discipline muscles is often necessary when it comes to exercise, but make it easier on yourself by choosing a form of exercise that fits your lifestyle, personality, and taste. Not sure what you love to do? Don’t be afraid to experiment with different forms of exercise until you find what works best for you.
- Use competitions as motivation: It’s possible to find a competition suitable to your skill level in almost any sport. Whether you’re elite, beginner, or somewhere in between, there’s something for all of us. Sign up, set a goal, and notice what it does to you—odds are good it might be the push you need to keep yourself in the game.
- Make a schedule and commit to it: Make a schedule (write it down if it helps!), stick to it, and remind yourself that working out is a priority worth keeping.
- Track your activity levels: Make a note in your calendar every time you work out, and add up your workout sessions at the end of each day so you can monitor your progress and identify areas for improvement. Measuring your activity levels (and ideally keeping notes on your progress) can help you to stay on track and realise when you’re slipping before you’ve completely lost the habit.
- Choose something over nothing: Squeeze in fitness wherever you are and no matter how much time you have with bodyweight exercises or with the help of apps with pre-programmed short workouts—you can even do some exercises at your desk!
Adapted with permission from Mr Motivator’s How to fit exercise into your routine!