Let's Chat Together this new year
Wednesday 6 January 2021
Join us for Chat Together, our online meet-up for people living with and beyond bowel cancer across the UK. It's a welcoming place to talk to others with bowel cancer and to meet new people.
Chat Together is a free, one-hour weekly call on Zoom with a small group of people who have been affected by bowel cancer. The eight-week programme is a chance to share experiences in a friendly, supportive and warm environment.
Join one of the groups on a Zoom call at the time that's most convenient for you:
- every Tuesday for eight weeks from Tuesday 26 January between 7pm – 8pm
- every Wednesday for eight weeks from Wednesday 27 January between 1pm – 2pm
More Chat Together dates will be available throughout 2021.
Rose Stone, Head of Services at Bowel Cancer UK, says: "More than 42,000 people are diagnosed with bowel cancer every year in the UK, making it the fourth most common cancer. We know we can't be close right now physically, but we can still support one another, especially during these difficult times. You may feel lonely and isolated in the current climate, so Chat Together is a chance for people to virtually get together and support each other from the comfort of their homes."
You'll need a smartphone, tablet or computer with an internet connection and somewhere quiet to sit. We'll send you the instructions on how to join us for our weekly call on Zoom.
If you can, please try to commit to attending every session in your chosen group so you get the full benefit of the course.
If you're not able to join us for the advertised dates, please register your interest and we'll let you know about the next available ones. There are also other ways you can find help and support:
- visit our online community – a place for anyone affected by bowel cancer to talk about their experiences, share their knowledge and support each other
- download our free publications that are full of expert information
- read our support, guidance and information on coronavirus and bowel cancer
- contact our nurses with any questions or concerns about bowel cancer
- read our Real Life Stories of people affected by the disease