Congratulations to the Gary Logue Colorectal Nurse Award finalists 2021
Thursday 16 September 2021
We are excited to announce the finalists of the prestigious seventh annual Gary Logue Colorectal Nurse Award. The award was set up in honour of Gary, a nurse who worked for our charity, who sadly passed away in 2014.
We asked healthcare professionals and patients to nominate their inspirational colleagues and colorectal cancer nurses; those who make a huge difference to the lives of everyone they reach.
All the colorectal nurses nominated have demonstrate exceptional care throughout the challenges of the pandemic, and for that we thank them wholeheartedly.
The finalists for the award for a nurse nominated by their colleagues are:
- The Colorectal Nursing Team from Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
- Filipe Carvalho from The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust
- Claire Stephens from Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
The finalists for the award for a nurse nominated by patients are:
- Anne Moutadjer from St Mary’s Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- Anne Lauder from Glasgow Oncology Clinic, BMI Ross Hall Hospital
- Lauren McCrisken from Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge University Hospitals
NHS Foundation Trust
Charlene White, patron and ITN news presenter, will announce the winners at the National Colorectal Cancer Nurses Network (NCCNN) virtual study day on Wednesday 29 September. The two winners will each receive £300 towards their professional development.
Allison Sharpe, one of the recipients of the 2020 award, says: "I was honoured to receive this award and flattered that my team nominated me. Over the past 25 years the team has evolved to 10 dedicated nurse specialists who have transformed the care of colorectal patients and I am extremely proud to be part of the team."
The NCCNN virtual study day is open to all nurses working in the colorectal cancer field.