We announce the Gary Logue Colorectal Nurse Award finalists
Thursday 6 September 2018
Drum roll please…we’re excited to announce the finalists for our fourth annual Gary Logue Colorectal Nurse Award.
The award marks the achievements of colorectal nurses who make a huge difference to both the lives of their patients and their colleagues. The award was set up in memory of Gary Logue, a nurse who worked for the charity, who passed away in 2014.
Up and down the UK, nurses and patients nominated exceptional colorectal cancer nurses for this prestigious award.
The finalists for the award for a nurse nominated by their colleagues are:
- Sue Kennedy from the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Alison Stewart from the Western General Hospital, Edinburgh
- Lindsay Richards from Royal Glamorgan Hospital, Wales
The finalists for the award for a nurse nominated by patients are:
- Angela Wheeler from Barnet Hospital (Royal Free)
- Tracey Becker from South Warwickshire Hospital
- Eleanor Rae from Wishaw General Hospital
- Yvonne Melrose from Queen’s Hospital, Essex
Charlene White, patron and ITN news presenter, will announce the winners at the National Colorectal Cancer Nurses Network (NCCNN) Study Day on Monday 17 September at the Royal Society of Medicine, London.
- Read about the previous winners of the Gary Logue Colorectal Nurse Award
- Learn more about how we support nurses and other health professionals with their professional development