Thank you for supporting Bowel Cancer Awareness Month
Although April was a very different Bowel Cancer Awareness Month to the one planned and hoped for, there were still some great moments and your support really shone through. Thank you so much for helping to further our mission to save lives and improve the quality of life of everyone affected by bowel cancer.
- Many of you embraced virtual fundraising by holding online quizzes, virtual Brew Together events or setting up your own Facebook fundraising page. Thank you so much for being so creative with your support!
- We announced two new Patrons – England and Harlequins rugby player Joe Gray whose Dad very sadly died in March and Hull City footballer Angus MacDonald who was diagnosed with bowel cancer last year aged just 26. We’re absolutely delighted to welcome them to #teambowelcancer.
- Lots of you took part in the 2.6 challenge on Sunday 26 April to mark when the London Marathon should have taken place. Amazing supporters like you did everything from running 26.2 miles in their garden to cycling 26 miles or singing 26 songs about heroes in a row!
- Over a hundred of you joined us for our virtual Remember Together event on Sunday 5 April. We heard from our Chief Executive, two of our special supporters and took a moment to remember all those we've lost to bowel cancer by lighting a candle.
- And thank you so much for sharing our #teambowelcancer messages and asking your friends and family to join. You’ve played a vital part in building an active and powerful community today so that together we can support one another through these uncertain times and beyond.
But we still need your support
April may be over but we continue to need your support, particularly during these difficult times. Thank you to everyone who has so generously given their time, money and energy. We’re entirely reliant on the generous support of people like you.
All of our major fundraising events and activities have been affected and up to half of our income this year is at risk. We had to furlough more than half of our staff and expect to receive little or no support from the government’s support package for charities so we need your support now more than ever.
Here are some of the many ways you can get involved:
Step up for 30
Step up for 30 is back! It’s really simple, just get sponsored to get active every day for 30 days during June. There are lots of creative and easy ways you can get active throughout the month without any equipment or leaving your home – for example follow a fitness video, have a walk around the garden or take part in PE with Joe Wicks. Sign up now
You can continue to support us and raise money from your own home. We've got lots of ideas to inspire you from Friday night quizzes and gaming events, to virtual tea parties and Facebook fundraising. Find out more
Thank you so much for your continued support. Together we can stop people dying of bowel cancer