Become a Friend
Do something amazing and become a Friend today
Donate at least £10 a month and become a Friend, supporting our vital research and lifesaving work.
Annmarie became a Friend as her mum Margaret was diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2009. Following surgery Margaret thankfully made a full recovery. Annmarie is so happy to have her mum still with her, especially since the birth of her twin boys. Supporting us is her way of “giving back”.
Why your support is needed right now
Every 15 minutes in the UK someone is diagnosed with bowel cancer. That’s over 41,000 people every year. Bowel cancer is also the second biggest cancer killer in the UK, meaning thousands of lives are needlessly lost each year and families torn apart. Through an increased investment in bowel cancer research we can stop this.
Every Friend we have makes such a difference. We rely almost entirely on funding from the general public and cannot stop people dying from bowel cancer without regular financial support.
Lives can be saved if we could diagnose people earlier, develop new and more effective treatments, and ensure people, irrespective of where they live, have access to high quality care. The major advances in saving lives from bowel cancer in the past 20 years have all come through research. Therefore, through strategic investment in targeted research, we will deliver improvements in bowel cancer survival in our lifetime.
Become a Friend and help people like Margaret survive bowel cancer
- £10 a month could help support partnership work with the Royal College of Surgeons to help develop new and innovative surgical treatments for bowel cancer
- £15 a month could help run health promotion talks to raise awareness of the symptoms of bowel cancer amongst the general public, so people know what to look for and act on any concerns they may have
- £20 a month could help campaign to make sure everyone diagnosed with Lynch syndrome gets the care they need to reduce their risk of bowel cancer
As a Friend you will:
- Receive a welcome pack including a Star of Hope pin badge
- Be sent invitations to hear researchers talk about their work
- Have opportunities to attend special events
- Receive a printed newsletter sent directly to you through the post twice a year
- Play a critical role to help stop people dying from bowel cancer
All donations are extremely gratefully received. If you would like to donate less than £10 a month click here