Gaming is a great way to connect virtually with your friends and family from home and all across the world. By planning your own games night you could help raise money to fund vital services and lifesaving research for everyone affected by bowel cancer.
Here is some advice on how to use Twitch, OBS (Open Broadcasting System) and Just Giving to fundraise whilst gaming. For a more detailed step-by-step guide take a look at the JustGiving Gaming hub.
Before your games night you will need to set up accounts for the following and have them all linked up:
When you have created your accounts, here are some steps on what to do next:
- Once you have downloaded OBS you can enter your stream key which you can access via your Twitch account. This will present you with a streaming screen template.
- Link your ‘Donation progress bar’ and ‘Donation prompt’ so that your viewers and supporters can see how much you have raised and help you reach your target.
- Link your JustGiving fundraising page to your Twitch account by opening Twitch and selecting the fundraising page you want to connect to.
- Copy the link generated and paste into your URL box in your OBS.
- You can then add in livestream video to talk to other twitch users.
- Once you have done all of these you can capture your gameplay, so just download your game to your PC and launch it in your game application.
- After this add a donate button to take viewers directly to your donation flow on your JustGiving fundraising page.
Finally, all you need to do is invite your friends, get some yummy snacks in and spread the word of your gaming night whilst share your fundraising page.
Don’t forget to tweet us @bowelcanceruk and #bowelcancertwitch to encourage others to start gaming.