London to Paris 24 Hour Challenge
Challenge yourself this year by cycling between two of Europe’s most iconic capitals in just a single day's ride.
Leaving London you'll ride over the Sussex downs and the famous Ditchling beacon, then onwards to Newhaven. After the ferry to Dieppe, you'll continue your journey down the famous Avenue Verte cycle route and on through the French countryside before entering the outskirts of Paris. The final destination: the Eiffel Tower.
Date: 16-18 July 2021
Location: London to Paris
Distance: 180 miles (294km)
The challenge includes:
- experienced Viva Velo ride leaders to guide you all the way
- driver/mechanic to accompany the group
- support vehicle to provide assistance and transport your luggage to Paris
- refreshments at stops en route
- 4 star hotel in Paris
- ferry outbound
- Eurostar return
- finishers medal
- transport to return your bicycle to a pre-arranged pick-up point on your return
- exclusive access to Viva Velo’s training guide and training programme.
To take part in this event, you must self-fund and secure your own place directly with Viva Velo. There's no set fundraising target as such; we just ask that you raise what you can. Your support will help fund vital research to stop bowel cancer.
How we’ll support you
Our events team will support you all the way, from your initial welcome pack through to congratulating you on your achievement. We'll send you regular training and fundraising updates to make sure you have the best experience and you'll also have the opportunity to cycle in one of our colourful cycling jerseys.
If you have any questions about the event or the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7940 1769.