London to Paris 24 Hour Challenge: 17-19 July 2020
Challenge yourself this year by cycling between two of Europe’s most iconic capitals in just a single day’s ride
Leaving London on Friday 17 July you’ll ride over the Sussex downs and the famous Ditchling beacon, then onwards to Newhaven. After the ferry to Dieppe, you’ll continue your journey on Saturday 18 July down the famous Avenue Verte cycle route and on through the French countryside before entering the outskirts of Paris. The final destination: the Eiffel Tower.
While in Paris, you’ll witness the pros take on the finale of the world’s greatest bike race: the 2020 Tour De France. What a 24 hours!
- Date: Friday 17 July - Sunday 19 July 2020
- Location: London to Paris
- Distance: 180 miles (294km)
- Price: from £595 + £50 registration fee
The challenge includes
- Experienced Viva Velo ride leaders to guide you all the way
- Driver/Mechanic to accompany the group
- Support vehicle to provide assistance and transport your luggage to Paris
- Refreshments at stops en route
- 4 star hotel in Paris
- Hearty breakfast before Tour de France final stage
- Ferry outbound
- Eurostar return
- Finishers medal
- Transport to return your bicycle to a pre-arranged pick-up point on your return
- Exclusive access to Viva Velo’s Training Guide and Training Programme
To take part in this event, you must self-fund and secure your own place directly with Viva Velo. As such, there is no set fundraising target; we just ask that you raise what you can. Your support will help fund vital research to stop bowel cancer.
How we’ll support you
Our Events team will support you all the way, from your initial welcome pack through to congratulating you on your achievement. We will send you regular training and fundraising updates to make sure you have the best experience and you will also have the opportunity to cycle in one of our vibrant cycling jerseys.
If you have any questions about the event or the application process, email email@example.com or call 020 7940 1769.