Ainsley Harriott's Chocolate Parfait Terrine with Fresh Raspberries
Ainsley Harriott is amongst the celebrities calling on the nation to put the kettle on and host a Brew Together fundraising event from Monday 7 - Sunday 13 October.
Held at home, in a community hall or at work, it's a chance to catch up with friends, family and colleagues over a cup of tea and make a donation to the charity to help stop people dying from bowel cancer.
- 450g (1lb) plain chocolate (70% cocoa solids),
- broken into squares
- 4 egg yolks
- 100g (4oz) golden caster sugar
- 600ml (1 pint) double cream
- 450g (1lb) fresh raspberries, to serve
- rapeseed or vegetable oil, for greasing
- extra chocolate, grated for serving
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, making sure that the bowl does not touch the water. Remove the bowl from the pan and stir until completely smooth. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a separate bowl until light and fluffy.
- In a third bowl, whip the cream until it stands in soft peaks. Carefully stir the melted chocolate into the egg yolk mixture, then gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Line a 900g (2lb) loaf tin with oiled cling film and pour in the mixture. Cover with cling film and freeze for at least four hours or preferably overnight until solid.
- Remove the parfait from the freezer about 20 minutes before you are ready to serve.
- Turn out onto a flat plate and peel away the cling film. Dip your knife into a bowl of hot water and cut the parfait into slices. Arrange on plates and scatter around fresh raspberries and grated chocolate to serve.
*Original recipe taken from Ainsley Harriott’s “Just Five Ingredients”, published by BBC Books. Photography (c) Dan Jones