Chat Together FAQs
What should I expect?
Chat Together is an online social meet up for anyone affected by bowel cancer. It’s an informal way to get to know new people with similar experiences. Our friendly staff will be there will also be on hand to make you feel welcome and help connect you with others.
Is there an agenda?
Chat Together is very informal and the chance to chat with others so there isn’t a fixed agenda, just tea, coffee and chat (bring a long a cuppa). We'll cover a few ground rules at the beginning, before giving everyone chance to introduce themselves and get chatting.
How do I join?
After you've registered for Chat Together, you'll receive an email with a link to join the Chat Together Zoom call. If you're using a computer, clicking the link will guide you through accessing Zoom.
If you're using a smartphone or tablet, you'll need to download the Zoom app. You can do that through the following links:
Do you have any tips for using Zoom?
- If you're using smartphone or tablet, download the Zoom app in advance
- Find a quiet space to sit and participate
- Use the mute button when not speaking to prevent background noise.
- Turn on your video whenever possible as Chat Together is much nicer when we can see each other
- Turn on 'gallery view' as this lets you see everyone in the meeting at once, instead of just the person speaking. To turn that on, click the tab that says "Gallery view" in the top right corner
- Set your display name to something that you are happy to share with the group, for instance just your first name.