Bowel Disease Study Day
These RCGP accredited free study days
were designed for GPs and GP trainees to aid early detection of
bowel cancer and to ensure best practice in the diagnosis and
management of both minor and serious bowel problems.
This was an essential update for GPs on the diagnosis and management
of bowel diseases and included:
- Bowel cancer screening
- IBD, IBS and diverticular disease
- Anal problems, rectal bleeding, diarrhoea and constipation
The study day aimed to:
- Increase knowledge of screening and the management and referral
guidelines for high risk individuals
- Increase knowledge of how to differentiate patients who need
further assessment and by whom
- Increase knowledge on how to differentiate minor from more
serious bowel symptoms and their management
Manchester and Birmingham were a great success. You
can still have a look at the programmes for each event below.
Download the Bowel Disease Study Day programme to find out
more about both events.
Both events were RCGP Accredited.